YOUR CHALLENGES REGARDING THE NEW EUROPEAN REGULATION ON DATA PROTECTION
Do you know the specific content of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Do you like to know whether and to which extend the regulation will have an impact on your company? Are you aware that the fines can amount up to 2% (up to 10.000.000 EUR) or even 4% (up to 20.000.000 EUR) of the consolidated turnover in case of (serious) offense with the GDPR, getting into force as from May 25th, 2018?
Do you like to prepare your organization in a pragmatic way for compliance with the GDPR? Considering the GDPR practical experience and hands-on approach, horsum is your designated partner to assist.
HOW HORSUM CAN ASSIST YOUR CoMPANY
horsum is a certified data protection officer and has a profound expertise in business process management, risk management and compliance, combined with excellent project and change management skills. Furthermore horsum works together with business partners with specific expertise (juridical, ICT technical), which allows us to offer a global solution to our customers. As a result, horsum is, well positioned in assisting your organization in the GDPR pathway to follow.
horsum offers a wide range of services relating to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
1. Monitoring, coordinating and/or hands-on supporting the complete GDPR pathway or during specific phases of the GDPR project:
- Getting your organization familiar with the outline of the new European regulation and estimating the specific impact on and the needs for your organization;
- Developing a GDPR compliance action plan, tailored to your organization;
- Data mapping: Setting up of the data register which maps all processing activities of personal data throughout the different locations of your (national/international) organization;
- Gap analysis: Performing a risk assessment based on the collected information, resulting in a gap analysis report;
- Analyzing the risk assessment/gap analysis and setting up a pragmatic action plan with organizational and technical measures to take;
- Defining the priorities and implementing the measures to be taken into practice.
2. Organizing practice based training courses and awareness campaigns within the organization relating to the outline of the new regulation and its impact on your sector / organization / business unit / department;
3. Executing third party vendor assessments;
4. Developing new or optimizing existing policies related to data protection (e.g. information security directives, e.g. data breach procedures, e.g. privacy notices, e.g. data retention policies, etc.);
5. Post-implementation DPO services, such as:
- Maintaining the data register on an ongoing basis;
- Informing the organization on relevant changes in the regulation and the impact of the changes on your organization;
- DPO helpdesk: Dealing with specific queries on the processing of personal data;
- DPIA’s: Performing data privacy impact assessments if new processing activities of personal data are scheduled;
- Assisting with the formalities regarding declarations and authorizations;
- Executing periodical compliance checks, including the follow-up of the defined action plans.
6. Audit services:
- Executing independent “compliance” audits after completion of the GDPR project;
- Supporting your organization with the preparation or management of GDPR audits initiated by national data protection agencies, shareholders, vendors, etc.
Would you like to know more about how horsum can assist your organization in the GDPR process? We are happy to come along. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +32 9 378.38.28 for more information.
Not exactly what you were looking for? Discover our other services for large companies here.