You have successfully completed the risk assessment of your company and you know what risks should be prioritized. The next step is the design of a management system to reduce the risks to an acceptable level. One of the possibilities is the implementation of internal controls.
The following difficulties can emerge when designing and monitoring an internal control system:
- You want to implement a system of internal controls, but you wonder how to achieve this in the most efficient and effective manner.
- In the past, a system of internal controls has been implemented. However, since your activities and the environment in which your company operates have strongly evolved. Therefore, you doubt whether the existing internal controls are still sufficient to mitigate the actual risks.
- You feel that certain existing controls can be set up more efficiently. However, you lack the internal resources to evaluate and rationalize the existing controls.
- The ever-increasing digitisation of the corporate world entails new risks. Resultantly, it becomes more important than ever to control these. However, you don’t have sufficient knowledge to implement appropriate internal controls for the IT landscape.
How we help
Through our years of experience with internal control systems in various sectors, horsum is your ideal partner for your internal control issues.
horsum can guide you in the following cases:
- Based on the screening of the processes within your company and the identified risks, we make a list of recommended controls.
- With the list of recommended controls, you can get to work, or we can guide your organization through the implementation of the control plan.
- We evaluate the existing controls and verify whether these are (still) effectively mitigating the current risks. Further, we verify whether the controls are performed in the most efficient way.
- We assist you in bringing your controls to the next level based on the ‘best practices’ according to current standards.
- We guide you through the design of a monitoring mechanism so that compliance with procedures will be guaranteed in the future.
Do you have difficulties in the design or monitoring of an internal control system? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at + 32 9 378 38 28 for more information. Not exactly what you are looking for? Discover our other internal audit services here.